Revision as of 11:40, 11 May 2006 by Lostcontrol
Here is a list of the main features available in Fail2ban.
- Highly configurable.
- Parses log files and looks for given patterns.
- Executes a command when a pattern has be detected for the same IP address for more than X times. X can be changed.
- After a given amount of time, executes another command in order to unban the IP address.
- Uses Netfilter/Iptables by default but can also use TCP Wrapper (/etc/hosts.deny) or others firewalls.
- Handles log files rotation.
- Can handle more than one service (sshd, apache, vsftpd, etc).
- Resolves DNS hostname to IP address.
- Can send e-mail notifications.
- Runs as a daemon.
- Multiple logging targets (syslog daemon, stdout, stderr, files).